Thursday, October 31, 2013

Huntington Damask Diva Blog Hop

Welcome to your next stop on the Damask Diva's Huntington Blog Hop! If you are coming from Jessica Wilson's blog you are in the right place! But no worries…if you are starting with my post you can find all the links to the blog hop at our Damask Diva blog.

This is just one of the projects I've made using the Huntington paper pack. I love the rich textures and colors CTMH has put together so much I've bought several packs so I'll have it for projects throughout the year!

Make it from Your Heart vol. 2

This card comes from our great Make it From Your Heart Vol. 2 book. It is found on page 43. Pattern 22 gives you great layers and a stamping area that is very versatile! I chose to use the beautiful stamp set for fall called, Happy Autumn. To begin with, I took the small cluster of flowers and inked them up using the Rock the Block technique. Rock the Block is when you first stamp your image in the lighter of 2 colors. Then you take the darker color but instead of fulling inking the stamp you gently rock your acrylic block in a circular motion touching only the edges of the stamp. For this card I used Autumn Terracotta ink as the base color and I rocked it onto Barn Red, just on the edges of the flower. I made one imprint and then without re-inking I immediately printed again underneath. This technique is called Stamping Off. Then I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate ink. I made this card as part of a Stamp-a -Stack class and below is an example of what one of the class members, Robin, made.

Super Cute!

I think Robin's card came out super cute! She masked (covered) part of the sentiment and then used the Turkey from the retired stamp set, C1426 Thanksgiving. On one of her other cards she changed it up a bit and used the pumpkin from this set and the pilgrim boy{2 cute}. 
While, buying new stamp sets is always exciting. I just love seeing how so many sets old and new can be used to create wonderful cards and layouts!  

Stamp a Stack

Here are some more pics from my Stamp-a-Stack class I held at my home. We had a great time stamping a variety of cards-10 cards in all!
The creativity and personal touches everyone adds to their cards always amazes me! I want to thank Robin, Shirley, and Jennifer for attending the class! 

It is so much fun to be a CTMH consultant! It has blessed my life in so many ways. 





Grateful!

I'm also so grateful to you for stopping by! I hope that you'll come back soon or better yet, join my blog and never miss a post! 
Now hop on over to Brenda's blog and see what she has been busy making for you! 

May the Blessings of Thanksgiving be with you the whole year through!
Sharon


6 comments: