Friday, October 25, 2013

Sympathy Card

I unfortunately had to make my first sympathy card since becoming a CTMH consultant. A few weeks ago, my cousin's college age son passed away unexpectedly. Such a tragic loss. While I haven't seen the young man since he was a toddler, his grandmother (my aunt) played a very important role in my life and I knew I needed to send sympathies to her.

Background stamping

I began the card by making an A2 card blank. Next I cut fronts for the card in 1/8 in increments with the bamboo card stock 1/8 in greater than the colonial white card stock. The using the Universal Background stamp set and bamboo ink I stamped the script background. 


Torn card stock technique

As you can see, I tore the corner off both the bamboo and white card stock. I find if you tear with an "up" motion with your dominant hand the paper tears and leaves the rough edge. All CTMH card stock has a white core perfect for this and for embossing.
I finished up the card by stamping the flower and sentiment. The flower is from a retired stamp set. Both sentiments are from Card Chatter-Sympathy stamp set. Don't dismiss this stamp set! It has great sentiments that work for many situations, not just in a time of loss. I've used this set many times for illness, baptisms and support of those going through a difficult time. I'm sure my aunt felt the love sent with this homemade card.


Want to start making your own cards?

Making your own cards is fun and easy! But even easier with CTMH Workshop on the Go Card Kits!
We have 2 card kits available in our Fall 2013 Idea Book: Laughing Lola and Frosted(Christmas) These are great crafting kits at an awesome VALUE!

But you can get even more value when you join my Monthly Kit Club! You'll get FREE products every month you order one of our Workshops on the Go or Decor Kits! Want to know more about the great monthly FREE products and the special gift at the end of the club? Click HERE!  I know you are going to LOVE the great products!


To order any of our great CTMH products, please click here! I appreciate your business and am just a click, email or call away to help you make the most of your crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment