Monday, October 21, 2013

Same Cuts So Many Unique designs!

Recently, I provided the activity for a birthday party of a fellow crafter! Christina asked me to prepare an 8 x 10 layout where her friends and family could place a 4 x 6 photo. Isn't that a GREAT idea for a birthday party or ladies day out? I was so excited to do this so I got right to work!

Stella Paper to the Rescue

My first thought was how can I make something that will appeal to all sorts of people? And since 20 ladies were invited, what paper did I have enough of to make 20 sets of materials? The answer, thankfully, was the same for both questions: STELLA, a retired pack from a few years ago that I just loved!{Of course, I just love EVERY paper pack-LOL!}

Now to the design

I needed quick and easy to cut and to put together. But I also wanted something versatile enough that everyone's wouldn't look the same. I ended up cutting the double sided paper down to about 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches for the background. The left over from each 12 x 12 Boarder & Texture paper was then cut down into 1 1/2 in strips. Then I used our Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut a top note frame in cocoa card stock, a flower in the B&T, and from the Artiste Cartridge the word Family. The Artbooking Cartridge couldn't be left out so from there I cut the word Remember. Loving our zip strip, I ended up adding it to the layout also. Here are some of the designs I came up with using these simple cuts.

I love the lagoon card stock and how our double sided paper makes it so easy to change the look just by flipping the paper over. All of these pictured have a brown frame with brown script background stamped on it but I actually also provided lagoon frames and cocoa words in some of the baggies. You can see that I came up with 5 different designs. Not bad...but NOTHING like the creativity of the ladies who came to the party! Take a look at their work pictured below!

So versatile!

As you can see they ladies came up with their own designs that fit their personalities. 8-10 pieces of paper came together in all different ways. Best yet the ladies had a great time and many made more than 1 layout that afternoon. It was a fun filled party with crafting, laughing, a little chismé,  great food, sangria, and margaritas! Who could ask for more!

Color coordinated value!

It is amazing to me the value you get when you purchase one of CTMH's paper packs. 2 sheet of 3 designs Boarder and Texture paper AND matching card stock! That to me is such a blessing! When I first started to craft I'd pick paper packs out at the store downtown, get home and then realized I didn't have enough coordinating card stock. Back to the store I'd go, hoping and praying that one of their packs would work with my project, often spending more money, even with a 40% off coupon. It is such piece of mind, knowing when I open a paper pack up, I'll be able to do several projects with paper that all goes together beautifully. Then add My Creations Stickease or Compliments and your layouts, cards or craft projects will come together perfectly! 

So you like FREE?

Who doesn't like FREE? I have a new club just for you! Purchase 1 Workshop on the Go or Home Decor Kit each month for 5 months and get a FREE gift EACH month from me but that's not all! Learn more here or go to the Monthly Kit Club at the top of this blog!

Thanks for stopping by!

No siesta....Siempre Fiesta!
~Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment