Saturday, July 7, 2012

Altered Dinosaur Frame

Need a quick gift for a young child or a mom? Look at this super cute dinosaur frame I made recently as a hostess thank you. I simply measured the sides and made strips of paper to fit. 





Then I cut the ends into a point making a mitered end that fit just like the frame. I coated the frame with a medium coat of Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the frame and inked the inside and outside edge with Indian Corn Blue ink. You can tell from the picture that I also coated the top of the paper with a layer of glossy Modge Podge using a soft foam brush. 
Then it was stamping time! I took several stamps from the ROAR! set and stamped them in complimentary colors on Colonial White card stock. I picked the best images and cut them out. I decided they, too needed to be coated with a thin coat of Modge Podge and left them to drive.  Once dry, I played with their arrangement on the frame until I got it just right! I love how it turned out and had so much fun putting it together. A great gift made with love. 
Do you have a dinosaur lover in your family? This stamp set would make a great addition to your collection for any child birthday cards or scrapbook pages. The set is $17.95 and is item # D1505. Click this link to order here.

Happy Paper Fiesta!  Keep the paper party going and the creativity flowing! 
See you soon!
~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment