Friday, February 24, 2012

Top Note Birthday Card

Welcome paper partiers! My cousin's birthday is coming up soon and his mom asked if I would make a special card. It is a mile-stone birthday: 50 years. One that I'll be celebrating sooner than I'd like-HA! Cards appropriate for the gentlemen in our lives just seems a bit more challenging to me. How about you? But knowing that I needed something special, I went to my favorite Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy by Close To My Heart.


These photo shows both the top note style card and the envelope. The card base, layer, and numbers were all cut in minutes with the Cricut!  I took the leaves cut out of the front of the card and glued them to the front of the envelope. Then I distressed with CTMH inks and a sponge dauber around the leaves to give the envelope a bit of softening. For the sentiments inside the cards I used 2 stamps that come with the Art Philosophy bundle. Yes! Matching stamps come with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and so much more! The leaves and tree stamps come from another great CTMH stamp set. All CTMH stamps are clear and easily adhere to acrylic blocks. They make clear, crisp images and are so easy to use! I can't wait to give this card to KJ's mom so she can mail it!
I'm busy working on other cards and techniques to highlight here. I've bought a new memory card for my better digital camera, so I'm hoping I'll have better quality pics to share!
If you are needing any high quality stamping, scrapping or card making supplies, let me help you select from CTMH's wonderful selection!  In the mean time, may the Lord Bless you and may your life give you many reasons to have a paper fiesta!

2 comments:

  1. You are right. It is much more difficult to produce masculine cards. But, you did a wonderful job. This card is perfect! I'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had some feline help...I get that a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete