Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Box Cards!

Better Late then Never!

Like many crafty folks, I was taken in by the creativity and fun of these box cards! Splitcoast Stampers has a great tutorial on the Pop Up Box Card HERE.  There are several others in various sizes including this one by Dina in a typical A2 size. Mine were made by following the Splitcoast version and were really too large to place in an envelope. Instead, I tied ribbon on some and 1 I made a belly band for out of card stock.

The cards I'm sharing today are from Valentine's Day and were inspired by a $13.99 Hallmark Card found in a Wal-Mart Circular. I placed a pic of the Wal-Mart ad on my FaceBook page and how I could make these for less! Well, wouldn't you know, I had an order for 8 of them from 1 person before the hour was up. Here are just a few of the cards I made for her. 







How did I do that?

These were actually pretty easy although a bit time consuming! I started out with a variety of papers that had a Valentine motif or would coordinate. I ended up using several papers from 2 old packs I had and added Ariana and For Always as well as coordinating card stock from CTMH. As usual, my Cricut helped me do lots of cutting! I actually cut ALL-yes ALL of the decorative paper and shapes on my Cricut using Art Philosophy, Artiste and Art Booking Cartridges which are exclusive to CTMH. 
From there I just decorated each flap and added cut designs to fill in the box. Each of the shapes was either connected to a cut strip of old transparencies I got from teacher friends or if they needed to hold upright better, I just used good old card stock strips. 

I really like how these turned out and so did the friend who ordered them. 

Close to My Heart has a wonderful set of papers and embellishments as well as fantastic Cricut Cartridges. If you haven't tried CTMH products or would like to add something new to your crafting table, I'd encourage you to take a look at our wonderful selection and ideas. You can find all the exciting supplies we offer on my online shop HERE.

I also have a Workshop on the Go monthly club where you get rewards if you join and participate for 6 months! FREE supplies just for ordering materials you would order ANYWAY! You can find more details on this club by clicking the link at the top of this page.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my projects. If you liked any of the boxes, I hope you shared them via your Pinterest page!

Happy Crafting!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment