Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Clean and Simple Monogram Cards

Need a quick gift? How about a monogram card?

Today's cards are simple gifts I made for two friends using the retired monogram and Eclectic Edges boarder stamps from CTMH.  Luckily, they have the same initial as I do! Don't have a monogram or Eclectic Edges-no worries! YOU can easily use any 1 to 1 1/2 inch Alpha stamp and any boarder set you already have to do this! Check out the cards!

Like I said, these cards are so easy to make! I made 4 card bases out of Daisy White card stock cutting it down 12"x12" sheets into 8.5"x11" and then cutting them in half. The extra white pieces were used to stamp with the edge stamp in our Black Exclusive Ink and then I sprinkled on our Clear Detail Embossing Powder and heat set it. I love how it came out! Clear, crisp and shiny. The black card stock behind the stamped image is 1"x5.5. These were glued together with our very own Bonding Memories Glue

Artiste Cricut Fancy Frame

The monogram was stamped on a fancy frame I found on our CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge. While this cartridge has lots of 3-d items that are super cool, don't forget it has trendy shapes to add to your layouts and cards! In this case the original image has a circle cut out of the middle. But I use Cricut Craft Room and hid the contour which took out the whole in the center and gave me a perfect place to stamp my monogram. You can find the cut on p.74 Accent 3 of Mother's Day projects. It is so lacy and beautiful. I thought it worked perfectly with the 
style of the stamps. This one is cut at 2".  It is popped up with some foam tape to add dimension.

Add an extra touch!

Don't forget to add an extra touch by stamping the envelopes. Some I stamped with the same edges and others (see top picture) I used the monogram stamp. I also created a nice card box to hold the cards decorating it identically. I found the tutorial video for the box at Frenchie Stamps. She has some awesome tutorials available. 

I can't wait to give these gifts to my friends! If you would like any CTMH products, shop here!
If you would like support or classes both are available online or in person! Just email me!

Blessings!

Sharon







No comments:

Post a Comment