Friday, January 11, 2013

Lagoon & Cocoa Cards and Portfolio




Here is a set of cards I recently made for my neighbor. She wanted some gifts for some special friends. Artiste and Art Philosophy Cricut Carts and CTMH coordinating stamps and embellishments made creating these cards so easy!

The Happy Birthday and You Touch So Many Lives cards are swing cards from p. 52 Accent 1. The swing card layer shapes are from Art Philosophy p. 62 oval 5 and p. 67 shape 10 respectively. For both cards I cut 1 shape slightly smaller in daisy white for the inside sentiment. Also, to help me with the stamping, I cut my shapes a bit bigger than the stamp set suggests. This gives me a bit more wiggle room. The sweet little bow is one of my favorites! It is found on Artiste page 55, Accent 3.

The third card is also from Artiste (p. 49) and I added the layer on the belly band. The card was embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder and my Bigshot! A quick sanding with the CTMH sanding block and the embossing really popped!

 Just Blooms Paper Shapes

Take a closer look at the Just Bloom Paper Shapes (Z1709 & Z1710). I love how CTMH has matching & ink able paper shapes. The lagoon flowers were ready to go but I did lightly sponge the small butterfly to show the texture on the wings. A few brads helped to put the flowers together. These were adhered with Liquid Glass which is a great thick glue that can hold heavy pieces. In the lower corner you can see some more embossing. This is another Sizzix folder with sweet flowers. In the photo below you can see the inside of the card. Again I lightly sanded the embossing to have our white core show through.


Another look at the set

The Hello card was made by hand with the "Hello" and swish cut using the Cricut. The swish came from the Art Philosophy cartridge p.60 font layer. The flowers were stamped and cut out by hand. The card base was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder. The corners were rounded with our punch.

The folio was a simple sheet of card stock embossed, scored and folded. You can find the tutorial video for this fast folio here. This one is by Dannie Graves and she does a great job of explaining how to make this. I didn't use any ribbon on mine. I only used brads to hold my pockets. But the process is the same. That's why I love crafting! You start with one idea and can make it your own. 

Thanks for stoping by and seeing my card sets. Take a minute to join my blog and my Facebook page so you don't miss out on any projects.  I'll be posting more card sets soon using Green and Plum. Come back and check them out! 
Also, if you are interested in trying out Close to My Heart products, I'd love to be your consultant! I'm here to help you get the most out of your supplies and materials. No matter if you live in South Texas or  Alaska, I'm an email with help and support.

Make every day a Fiesta with paper!
~Sharon



3 comments:

  1. I love this card set and folio! How cute and love the colors you chose! Very classy! Thanks for sharing :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards Sharon!! I love them all!! You used all my favorites! Colors, Butterflies, flowers!!! I definitely want to get a cuttlebug or something now. I keep seeing such awesome cards with that special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both! Carolyn-I'd recommend the BigShot! I got mine from JoAnn's Fabrics online during a great sale. They often have it for 40% off and free shipping. I like the BigShot because it will take lots of sizes/companies of embossing and dies for cutting. It does take up some space but it is sturdy. My sister has both the Cuttlebug and the BigShot and she recommends it too.

    ReplyDelete